Join our market team!
We’re hiring a part time Market Assistant to help with market operations on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Market Assistants work together as a three to four-person team for market setup/breakdown and to support market management activities like customer service at the Information Booth, providing vendor breaks and ensuring the market setup remains safe and comfortable for customers, vendors, volunteers and staff.
Email your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
- Market Assistant
- Tuesdays: Nov 3 – Dec 29, 2020; Apr 6 – Dec 28, 2021
- Saturdays: Year-round
- 1100 West Street, Napa, CA 94559
- Must be able to do heavy lifting
- Must be capable of working outside during all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, rain, cold)
- Must have dependable transportation for early morning arrival
- Must enjoy providing customer service
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Unpack the storage trailer and set up the market between 5:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Ensure the market equipment set up remains safe and comfortable for everyone during market hours of operation 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Be a friendly face providing customer service at the Information Booth
- Assist CalFresh customers by swiping EBT cards and providing CalFresh Market Match tokens
- Assist with market documentation, including crowd counts and transactions
- Sell Napa Farmers Market merchandise (bags, hats, etc.) and “Market Bucks”
- Breakdown and pack up the market into the storage trailer between 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.