Join our market team!
We’re hiring part time Market Assistants to help with market operations on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Market Assistants work together as a three to four-person team for market setup/breakdown and to support market management activities, like customer service at the Information Booth, providing vendor breaks, and ensuring the market setup remains safe and comfortable for customers, vendors, volunteers, and staff.
Download: Market Assistant Job Description
- Market Assistant
- Saturdays, Year-round
- Tuesdays, April – December
- 1100 West Street, Napa, CA 94559
- Must have dependable transportation for early morning arrival
- Must be capable of working outside during all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, rain, cold)
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting
- Must enjoy providing customer service
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Unpack the storage trailer and set up the market between 5:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Ensure the market equipment set up remains safe and comfortable for everyone during market hours of operation 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Be a friendly face providing customer service at the Information Booth
- Assist CalFresh customers by swiping EBT cards and providing CalFresh Market Match tokens
- Assist with market documentation, including crowd counts and transactions
- Sell Napa Farmers Market merchandise (bags, hats, etc.) and “Market Bucks”
- Breakdown and pack up the market into the storage trailer between 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Be a part of a supportive community of staff, volunteers, vendors, and customers that share the love for local food
- Casual dress and relaxed environment
- Make connections with people who grow/make your food, local nonprofit organizations, and your Napa neighbors
- Finishing work by 1:30 p.m. gives flexibility in the rest of your day