BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Education Station Volunteers
Volunteers help staff the Education Station, located next to the Information Booth, and oversee kid-friendly activities promoting love of fruits, vegetables and farmers markets.
- Tuesday, April through September
- Saturday year-round
- 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Must enjoy working with kids
- Must be able to do light lifting and be comfortable working outside
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Set up the Education Station between 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Staff the Education Station during market hours 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Support Story Time 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 11:00a.m. (read stories if there is no volunteer)
- Conduct the Harvest of the Month produce tastings
- Follow healthy practices during produce-tasting preparation, service and cleanup
- Lead fruit- and veggie-centered play (coloring, chalk art, origami, art projects, etc.) with kids between Story Time and Produce Tasting
- Help keep the Education Station area and materials clean, sanitary and organized
- Pack up the Education Station between 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.