Join our management team!
We’re hiring for a brand new position of Assistant Operations Manager to manage both on site market operations on Tuesdays and Saturdays and “behind the scenes” administrative work.
Position Overview: The Assistant Operations Manager supports the Operations Manager in overseeing Napa Farmers Market operations, integrity, and administration. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Market operations and integrity
- Vendor relations and excellence
- Organizational management and administration
- Financial management
Please download and read: Assistant Operations Manager Job Description
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid CA Driver’s License, valid car insurance, and access to reliable transportation
- Alignment with the mission and values of the Napa Farmers Market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work on site Saturdays (year-round) and Tuesdays (April – December) 5:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Must be capable of working outside during all weather conditions (sun, heat, wind, rain, cold)
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting
- Must be able to work remotely with internet access both independently and together with management staff during administrative hours
- Administrative skills and experience
- Comfortable learning and using Apple computer applications and web-based programs for market management
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with or aptitude for being a team leader
- Interest in or experience with nonprofit/community organizations and/or farming, local food systems
- Must enjoy providing customer service
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- AA degree or some college credit a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
Submit your application!
Applications are now closed.