18 October 2019
On-Call Job Opportunity: Market Assistant
We need to hire and train on-call alternate Market Assistants to fill in when needed for our part-time staff.
About the Napa Farmers Market
As a California Certified Farmers Market nonprofit organization, we are on a mission to support local farmers and provide a place for the community to purchase local, farm-fresh, sustainably grown produce, specialty foods and artisan goods directly from the source. We do this by hosting the Napa Farmers Market on Saturday (year-round) and Tuesday (April through September) in the South Napa Century Center (movie theater) parking lot, 195 Gasser Drive in Napa
Market Assistants work together as a three to four person team for market setup/breakdown and to support market management activities like customer service at the Information Booth, providing vendor breaks and ensuring the market setup remains safe and comfortable for customers, vendors, volunteers and staff.
- Position: Market Assistant
- Hourly Wage: $13.00
- Dates: Saturdays (On-call)
- Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (occasional over time hours possible)
- Location:195 Gasser Drive, Napa, Ca 94559
- Contact: Send resume to the Market Manager
- Must be able to do heavy lifting
- Must be capable of working outside in the sun and during the summer heat
- Must have dependable transportation for early morning arrival
- Must enjoy providing customer service
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Unpack the storage trailer and set up the market between 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Ensure the market equipment set up remains safe and comfortable for everyone during market hours of operation 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Be a friendly face providing customer service at the Information Booth
- Assist CalFresh customers by swiping EBT cards and providing CalFresh Market Match tokens
- Assist with market documentation, including crowd counts and transactions
- Sell Napa Farmers Market merchandise (bags, hats, etc.) and “Market Bucks”
- Breakdown and pack up the market into the storage trailer between 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.